Adding extensions to your hair can give you the look of fullness and length, but if you have short hair, it can be tricky to hide them. Learning how to properly blend in extensions with short hair is key to achieving a natural-looking style. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be well on your way to having beautiful hair.
Hiding hair extensions with short hair can be a bit challenging, but it is possible with the right techniques. Here are some tips to help you conceal your extensions:
- Choose the right type of extensions: Clip-in extensions or tape-in extensions are often the best options for short hair, as they can be easily removed or concealed.
- Match the color of your extensions to your natural hair: Choosing extensions that are close in color to your natural hair can help to blend the extensions in and make them less noticeable.
- Use proper blending techniques: When applying your extensions, make sure to use proper blending techniques, such as backcombing, teasing, or crimping, to help conceal the extensions and create a natural look.
- Style your hair with care: Be careful not to pull or tug on the extensions when styling your hair, as this can cause them to become noticeable. Instead, use gentle styling techniques and use a brush or comb to smooth out any bumps or lumps.
- Use hair accessories: Wearing hair accessories, such as headbands, barrettes, or clips, can help to draw attention away from the extensions and create a polished look.
Remember, the key to hiding hair extensions with short hair is to choose extensions that are the right length, color, and texture, and to use proper blending and styling techniques. With a little bit of practice, you can achieve a natural and seamless look.
Choose the Right Hair Extensions
When selecting the right extensions for the job, opt for those that are 100% human hair, as they will blend into your natural locks much easier than synthetic extensions. It’s also important that you find an extension color that is closest to your own hair color; this will help make hiding the extensions even easier. For example, if you have dark brown hair, choose extensions that are slightly darker than your own shade so that there won’t be any noticeable difference between them.
Cutting Your Extensions
Once you have chosen the perfect set of extensions for your short strands, it’s time to cut them. To ensure a seamless blend between your real hair and the extensions, cut them into layers just like you would with regular short haircut. Start by cutting the longest pieces first and then move onto shorter layers until all of them match the shape of your bob or pixie cut perfectly.
Blending Your Extensions Into Your Hair
The next step is where all of your hard work pays off—it’s time to blend in those extensions! This process takes some practice but once you get it down pat, it should only take a few minutes each time. Start by using a large round brush and blow-drying each section individually from root to tip; this will smooth out any flyaways and make blending easier. Once everything is dry and smooth, take a small flat iron and run it over each section lightly so that everything blends together seamlessly. Finish up by brushing through everything one last time with a boar bristle brush or wide-tooth comb for maximum shine!
Hiding extensions in short hair may seem daunting but with a little bit of practice and patience, anyone can do it! Just remember to choose high-quality human hair extensions in colors close to your own shade and take special care when cutting and blending them into your existing hairstyle – this step is key in achieving a seamless finish every single time! With these tips in mind, there’s no reason why you can’t perfect this look at home without professional help! Good luck!